micro:bit TutorialsGet started with the micro:bit and the Breakout Board here! Check back regularly for updates and new tutorials.
Getting started with the micro:bit Tinker Kit
Tinkercademy is proud to present our very own micro:bit Tinker Kit! The kit comes with:
- Our custom Breakout Board, which makes it super easy to make projects with the micro:bit!
- A variety of Octopus parts: components with colour-coded plugs that connect easily with the Breakout Board.
Follow the graphical guide to get started on using the Breakout Board, and try out the tutorials below.
You’ll need a computer with an Internet connection and browser to program your micro:bit using Microsoft MakeCode. Some components may require extra libraries, which are available for download in the tutorials.
Have a new micro:bit? Here’s where you can get started:
- The official micro:bit site at microbit.org
- Want to jump straight into coding? See microbit.org/code, or go straight to Microsoft MakeCode.
- microbit.org has lots of great MakeCode lessons to get started—check here!
- Try out more projects from the Digital Maker Programme on Instructables. Find out more about the Digital Maker Programme, by the Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore, here.
Press the button and move the servoread more
Build a project that makes use of your Crash Sensor, OLED and LEDs.read more
Get some music to play when motion is detected.read more
You’ll need extra parts not found in your kit for this project.read more
Can you program buttons to make music?read more