Put together a tiny version of the classic 1972 arcade game Pong using the Arduino and an 8×8 LED Matrix.
Here’s what you get
- 4 hours of fun!
- 8×8 Red/Green LED Matrix: 64 bi-color LEDs neatly arranged in a plastic block that can be controlled with just 24 pins
- 74HC154 Decoder: the magic behind how to control 24 pins when the Arduino has only 13 outputs
- Potentiometers: what we’ll use to control the Pong “paddles”
- Passive buzzer: it’s not a classic arcade game if it doesn’t beep
- A whole bunch of wires
- Desktop / laptop (Windows / Mac)
- Arduino IDE (free)
- Arduino UNO or Arduino-compatible board
- Full-sized breadboard
- [OPTIONAL] Wire cutters, if you have handy
You can purchase an Arduino UNO and breadboard from us separately if you need them.